Simple but effective
Within our #percorsoetnacare we inserted as the first rule is this. As you wake up before breakfast, a glass of water with lemon juice.
Here are 10 reasons that will make you start to follow this healthy habit:
1. Helps digestion. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to produce bile, acid needed for digestion. The American Cancer Society advises its patients to drink warm lemon water to stimulate bowel movements.
2. Purify. It helps to eliminate the waste substances because it stimulates the production of urine and thus the elimination of toxins. The citric acid improves the function of enzymes, stimulating the liver and promote detoxification.
3. It stimulates the immune system. Lemons are rich in ascorbic acid (vitamin C), ideal ally against colds and respiratory problems, and to improve the absorption of iron in the body.
4. It balances the pH levels. The lemons are acidic, but in our body are alkaline, or the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized. Regularly drinking lemon water can help eliminate total body acidity. 5.
cleanses the skin. Lemon juice (also from the inside) cleanses the skin of the face, hands and is suitable for oily skin. In addition, vitamin C reduces wrinkles and stains and kills some types of bacteria that cause acne.
6. Energize. The lemon contains more negatively charged ions thus provides more energy to our body at the moment when it reaches the intestinal tract. Even the lemon flavor has energizing properties and improves the mood.
7. Maintains healthy. Vitamin C, as well as being an essential nutrient for healthy bones, connective tissue and cartilage, promotes healing of wounds.
8. He loves mouth. The lemon freshens breath, relieves toothache and gingivitis. Since, however, the citric acid may weaken the tooth enamel, it is better to wash them before drinking the water with lemon or wait half an hour.
9. Hydrates. Dissetando the body also helps the immune system to replenish lost fluids. Action is very important because when the body is lack of water you may feel tired, weak and not very concentrated.
10. It helps to lose weight. The slimming properties of lemon are well known. It is an excellent detoxifier, reduces inflammation and contains a large amount of vitamin C, known for its antioxidant action.